The time keeps flying and before you know it, fall will be here! As the temperatures begin to drop and the leaves begin to fall from the trees, there are plenty of great races across the Chicago area to take part in. We’ll take a look at some of the fall 2019 races around Chicagoland to keep an eye on, and how to get involved!
September 21st: Candy Dash 5K
- The Candy Dash 5K & Kids Dash on Saturday, September 21, 2019 is the most mouthwatering and deliciously fun 5K in Chicago and you are invited to race through our candy-filled land with a sweet tasting experience throughout!
- Registration info at http://candy5k.com/sign-up/
September 29th: Chicago Half Marathon and 5K
- Celebrate the 23rd annual running of the HOKA ONE ONE Chicago Half Marathon & 5K presented by MY FIT KEY , a signature event produced by Life Time
- Stepping off on Sunday, September 29, the Chicago Half Marathon & 5K is centered around Chicago’s historic Jackson Park, once home to the 1893 World Columbian Exposition. The course highlights Chicago’s historic south shore and features a traffic-free Lake Shore Drive–the only Chicago race to completely shut down this main transportation artery. Runners traverse the streets of Hyde Park and the Museum of Science and Industry Campus before taking on the north and south Lake Shore Drive lanes and finishing at the Statue of the Republic or “Golden Lady” as she’s known to locals
- The Chicago Half Marathon supports the programming of our benefiting charity partner Chicago Run, promoting the health and wellness of Chicago children through innovative, engaging, and sustainable youth running programs.
- Registration info at https://register.chronotrack.com/r/44171?_ga=2.179059748.1451794310.1545077700-1974406375.1545077700
October 6th: Rotary Run Charity Classic
- The Rotary Run Charity Classic, Hinsdale’s Family Run, has been RUNNING STRONG for 25 years! A lot has changed in 25 years, but the Rotary Run still offers low prices, a discounted family fee and races for every member and ability level in your family-all while raising money for local and international charitable work!
- On Sunday, October 6, 2019, we invite all members of your family to participate-all our runs are CARA Certified! Choose the distance and pace of your choice:
- Hinsdale Bank & Trust 10K Run (8:30am start)
- The Rooney Family 5K Run (8:45am start)
- MPS-Loria 3K Run (8:50am)
- Molex 5K Walk (8:55am start)
- Napleton Porsche 3K Walk (8:55am start)
- The Birches Walk ‘n Roll (9:30am start)
- Mutt Strut Dog Walk (8:55am start)
- After you race, stay for the food, awards and the School District 181 Mascot Race!
- Each event winds through the historic streets of Hinsdale and beautiful surrounding neighborhoods. All events begin and end at The Community House, located at 415 West Eighth Street, Hinsdale. During and after the race there is a morning of fun, activities and an awards ceremony. All events are held, rain or shine!
- Registration info at https://runsignup.com/Race/IL/Hinsdale/RotaryRunCharityClassic?remMeAttempt=
October 13th: Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Running the Bank of America Chicago Marathon is the pinnacle of achievement for elite athletes and everyday runners alike. On race day, runners from all 50 states and more than 100 countries will set out to accomplish a personal dream by reaching the finish line in Grant Park.
- Registration info at https://www.chicagomarathon.com/apply/
October 26th: Halloween Hustle 5K in Palatine
- Come join us at the Spooktacular 14th Annual Palatine Halloween Hustle 5k & Kids Dash on Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. The 5K is held on a fast, fun, and USATF-certified course that runs throughout the great town of Palatine. Right after the race, runners and spectators alike are invited to partake in a special after party at the Tap House Grill
- Registration info at http://halloween5kpalatine.com/
November 2nd: 20th Annual Chicago Lakefront 50/50
- The Race starts at Foster Avenue Beach House in Lincoln Park, Chicago, Illinois. The Park is located on the north side of Chicago, along the Lake Michigan shoreline. To reach the Foster Avenue Beach House, either take Foster Avenue (Hwy. 41) eastbound until you cross under the Lake Shore Drive viaduct and enter the Park, or take Lake Shore Drive northbound (also Hwy. 41), exit at Foster Avenue, and turn right (east) into the Park. There is no southbound exit from Lake Shore Drive onto Foster Avenue. From the north, exit at Lawrence Avenue, and either re-enter Lake Shore Drive northbound, and exit at Foster, or continue into the Park, turn left (north) at Simonds Drive, and go to the Race Site at Foster Drive
- Registration info at http://www.chicagoultra.org/race%20info/fall.htm